World Kindness Day is this Friday, November 13th. It is a day that encourages acts of kindness, no matter how big or small.
The first World Kindness Day was held in 1998, and it has been celebrated every year since! The World Kindness Movement founded this day to encourage people around the world to promote kindness and inspire communities to build a kinder and more compassionate world.
It’s an international holiday that is observed in many countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, and India. On a day devoted to the positive power of kindness, you may be wondering how you can participate. It’s easy! We at Be Kind & Co believe the future is kindness. Our readers can celebrate by making a difference in their communities. We are sharing these ideas with you to help you and your friends get creative!
Easy Ideas to Spread Kindness
- Let someone merge in front of you in traffic.
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them.
- Take some time out of your day for “you” time.
- Send someone you know a joke or funny meme to cheer them up. (Make sure it’s kind!)
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them.
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while.
- Send someone you know a picture of a cute animal.
- Spend a little more time playing with your pet.
- Send an inspirational quote to a friend.
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them.
- Write a short (or long) poem highlighting the things you appreciate about yourself and your life.
- Send a motivational text to a friend or family member.
- Make a playlist for a friend who hasn’t been feeling the best lately.
- Offer to buy groceries for your elderly neighbor or furloughed friend.
- Leave a note and a small gift for delivery drivers.
- Reach out to someone you haven’t seen in a while and arrange a phone or video call catch up.
- Offer to make or send someone a nice meal.
- Give a blanket or towel to a homeless person.
- Send an inspirational story of people doing kind things for others to someone you know.
- Donate money or your time to a local food bank or charity.
- Smile at a stranger. Since you have a mask on, smile with your eyes or hand.
- Place large signs with kind messages in your windows so people can be inspired as they drive or walk by.
Celebrating kindness reminds us that we are not alone in our lives and that we live in a world where love and goodness can always be found. To learn more about World Kindness Day, visit theworldkindnessmovement.org or follow @theworldkindnessmovement on Facebook and Instagram.